[Translate to EN:]
The main clean-up efforts in the fully destroyed city of Prenzlau were only finished years after the war. A fire which had broken out had ravaged the complete inner city and not stopped for the museum collections either. And so, it came to pass that this small amphora had to be excavated twice. First on a burial ground near Oderberg from the Bronze Age. It lasted there for almost 3,000 years. Then in 1950, found in the ruins of the Holy-Spirit Chapel in Prenzlau which was where the collection was housed. Burnt through, smoked and somewhat deformed by the fire, our little amphora was rescued from the rubble. Other archeological finds were less fortunate. Which is how this small burial object is able to not only recount the culture from prehistory but also tell about the horrors of modern times with its fire scars.