The central remand prison of Soviet counterintelligence in Eastern Germany was located at Leistikowstrasse 1 from 1945 until 1991. Since April 2002, a permanent exhibition has been presenting information about the history of this location, with the fate of the inmates at the center. Numerous etchings in German and Russian which have been preserved on the cell walls reflect the deprivation of rights, the isolation and psychological stress of the inmates in a disquieting way. A 2.5 km long historical path informs of the Soviet intelligence location "Militärstädtchen Nr. 7" (Little Military City No. 7), part of which was the prison.
Foto: Gedenk- und Begegnungsstätte Leistikowstraße Potsdam | Benjamin Maltry, Potsdam