[Translate to EN:]
The Museum of Local History of the former district of Calau moves into the Senftenberg Palace in 1913. And it remains there until today (under a different name). One of the oldest exhibition objects already back then was the copper bushel gage from 1696, perhaps the most beautiful of its kind in the country. Such treasures are only found in truly ancient collections. For almost 300 years, it was preserved as a "normal gage" in city hall. Market masters and apparitors used it to check the gages of the traders, to prevent fraud or mediate disagreements. Our gage fits approx. 19.5 liters which corresponds to a quarter of the "Senftenberg bushel". The painted markings confirm that this is something official. Those include the old crest of the city with the open gate and that of the electorate of Saxony of which Senftenberg was a part back then.