[Translate to EN:]
The highways were one of the great prestige projects of the Third Reich. The capital of Berlin became the greatest transport hub throughout the Reich. During construction, it was easy to access local building materials. In Rüdersdorf to the east of Berlin, limestone has been mined for centuries. It is the foundation for cement. Mix it with gravel and water and it will transform into hard cement. During the 1930s, public investment programs for the cement industry, especially in road and shelter construction, were booming. What looks like a geological tool holder in our exhibition is actually a sample of cement from the surface of the highway Berlin-Magdeburg. It was inaugurated by "Gauleiter" Emil Stürtz on 17 August 1936. This route continues to be the most important connection from Berlin to Western Germany until today. Information about the limestone from Rüdersdorf and its significance for the history of construction in Berlin is best obtained in the local museum park.