Near the village of Heegermühle, the first brass plant in Brandenburg was built from 1698 to 1700. The water tower, based on the design of the Berlin architect Paul Mebes, was built in 1917/18 and was supposed to serve as a symbol of the brass factory and of the industrial region within the Finowtal valley. An exhibition with viewing platform in the former water container recounting the history of the brass plant and of the business family Hirsch as well as of the settlement and its inhabitants opened in 2009. Original products, catalogs, photographs, souvenir cards, documents and many other exhibits connect the past to the present. In 2003, residents of Eberswalde and Berlin founded the Booster Club Finow Water Tower and Surroundings which still manages the museum today.
Foto: Regionalmuseum Finower Wasserturm
From Easter until after the autumn holidays Fri, Sat, Sun and holidays from 10 am to 5 pm.