Cecilienhof Palace Potsdam
The palace in the New Garden was built for the crown prince Wilhelm and his wife Cecilie von Mecklenburg-Schwerin from 1913 to 1917, making it the last palace built by the Hohenzollern family. The architect commissioned with the project was Paul Schulze-Naumburg who designed it in the style of an English country house. From 17 July until 02 August 1945, the Potsdam Conference of the victors of the Second World War took place here. The "Potsdam Agreement" determined a new order in Germany. A red star in a flower bed in the inside courtyard reminds of the event.
Foto: Stiftung Preußische Schlösser und Gärten, Leo Seidel
SPSG Schloss Cecilienhof
Im Neuen Garten 11
Phone: (0331) 9694-200