Marble Palace SPSG Potsdam
The two-story marble palace in the New Garden is located directly on the bank of the Holy Lake. King Frederick Wilhelm II. initiated construction of the structure in 1787 to create a place of retreat. Carl von Gontards and later Carl Gotthard Langhans were commissioned to complete the early classicist style palace. Special features of the structure are the Grotto Hall and the lavish Concert Hall. The building was named after the different marble colors adorning the inside. The splendid room furnishings in the style of early classicism include furniture by Fiedler and Roentgen as well as Wedgwood ceramics. The palace on Peacock Island is a special eye-catcher when gazing across the lake.
Foto: Stiftung Preußische Schlösser und Gärten, Achim Bednorz
Im Neuen Garten 10
Phone: (0331) 9694-200